RWBY Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY Roleplay

Defend the Kingdoms from the creatures of Grimm! Create your character, or claim a Canon of your own, and join up to protect the world.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dusk Sapphire

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Qopster

Dusk Sapphire Empty
PostSubject: Dusk Sapphire   Dusk Sapphire Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 3:20 pm

Name: Dusk Sapphire.

Personality: He is very quiet and lonely. He loves books as well. He will force you away t first, but if you can get to him in a way in which you can talk to him, he will become your friend. If you make him mad, he will hate you for a longtime. If you get on his good side, he will be a loyal and devoted friend. He can be rude and mean, although he tries not to be. He has a quick temper and will defend his friends if they get hurt. Possibly has depression and anger issues. Cool and calm and logically often. Has creative ways to solve problems. Fairly strong, not buff but not weak. Intelligent and caring for his friends. Better with ranged weapons than melee. When he's mad he goes into a full out berserker rage. Natural distrust for humans. Not good social skills.

Bio: He was a fanus in a small town to the east of Vale. His mother died when he was 2 due to violent humans. As a child, he was constantly discriminated by the younger bullies when he was a child, and by other teenagers when he was a teen. As a result, he became very lonely and often played with himself, learning to make weapons and sword fight all by himself. As he grew older, he started learning how to shoot and how to use nun chucks. His father, who worked for the White Fang helped him to master his skills, hoping that his son would join the organization later in life. After he found out that the White Fang became violent, and his father was training him to fight for them, he ran away from home, hating his father for being in that group. He ran to Vale and hid, becoming a very strong fighter by training at Signal Academy who took him in as part of an orphan program they were running with a local orphanage. He then applied to Beacon and got accepted.

Physical Appearance : He's 6 feet tall, with black hair like a raven and sapphire blue eyes. He is a cat faunus, and has pointy black ears that are usually laid black, laying on his hair. His eyes are that of a cat, and he has a tail, hidden in his pants. He has a scar on his left arm that he won’t explain to anybody, and if you ask about it, he will clam up. He also has a love of salmon, due to being part cat.

Clothing/Armor: He hides his faunus heritage to avoid discrimination by wearing a hoodie to cover his ears, black shades to cover his eyes and black jeans. On his jeans, there are dark red lighting bolts on both pant legs running up and down on the side, an a trim of dark red fire on the bottom. His hoodie is black with his symbol on it, surrounded by dark red flames. The shirt he wears under it is black with the symbol on the back and a picture of his swords crossed on the front.

Semblance: Semblance is shadow. His aura is darker than pitch black night. Shadow lets his shadow travel up to 10 feet, if he's in the shadows he can travel to another shadow connected to the shadow he's standing in. This means at night he can go anywhere basically. His aura can be disguised easily so that nobody else know where he is by looking for his aura. Shadow also means that he really doesn't like standing in the sun because it hurts his eyes. Anybody with a light aura has an advantage over him. This also means that his regular night vision for being a faunus is increased so that he has basically binocular vision at night. He can only use it twice a day, otherwise he passes out till his aura gets better. Can travel a distance of 155 feet maximum as a 1st year.

Color Represented: A VERY dark shade of Red

Fairly Tale Represented: Traditional Faerie From Europe. Depicted as being able to seemingly teleport and only see when wanted to be seen.

Emblem: A Dark Red Sapphire with black flames coming out on either side of it.

Last edited by Qopster on Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:35 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Alex Barkhorn
Admin
Alex Barkhorn

Dusk Sapphire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk Sapphire   Dusk Sapphire Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 4:16 pm

While I do appreciate the detail put in, I must ask you to not only move your weapon over to the weapon creation section, found here but also ask that you change to fit this site's character sheet, found here.
Back to top Go down
https://red-like-roses.rpg-board.net
Qopster

Dusk Sapphire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk Sapphire   Dusk Sapphire Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 4:31 pm

K ill fix it in a sec
Back to top Go down
Alex Barkhorn
Admin
Alex Barkhorn

Dusk Sapphire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk Sapphire   Dusk Sapphire Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 5:52 pm

It still is not in the same format provided. Please follow our template as well as the word minimums.
Back to top Go down
Wei Tzu

Dusk Sapphire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk Sapphire   Dusk Sapphire Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 6:46 pm

The Slenderman Mythos is a contemporary meme spawned circa 2009-2010, and as such, is unfortunately unacceptable as a fairy tale basis.
Back to top Go down
Qopster

Dusk Sapphire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk Sapphire   Dusk Sapphire Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 6:56 pm

Not its not, it was used by Germanic tribes way back when, THEN it got redone as a modern gaming character. Otherwise your saying Slenderman grants whishes in today's video games which he DOSENT!
Back to top Go down
Wei Tzu

Dusk Sapphire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk Sapphire   Dusk Sapphire Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 6:59 pm

Please provide a link to refute it, then.
Back to top Go down
Qopster

Dusk Sapphire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk Sapphire   Dusk Sapphire Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 7:03 pm

Back to top Go down
Wei Tzu

Dusk Sapphire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk Sapphire   Dusk Sapphire Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 7:13 pm

There is another link on that very page that directs you to the Original Slender Man Mythos. Those tales and other folklore listed on the page you linked to may have lent inspiration to the creation of the Slender Man, but as it is, the Slender Man Mythos itself is a modern meme.
Back to top Go down
Qopster

Dusk Sapphire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk Sapphire   Dusk Sapphire Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 7:20 pm

Ummmm cough cough look at this

Brandenburg Woodcut

A 1550s dated woodcut, found in Brandenburg, Germany, author unknown, depicts a man in a modern suit with arms like tentacles.
Back to top Go down
Qopster

Dusk Sapphire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk Sapphire   Dusk Sapphire Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 7:20 pm

Dosen't really matter though, it still counts and that's all that matters
Back to top Go down
Qopster

Dusk Sapphire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk Sapphire   Dusk Sapphire Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 7:30 pm

Ayway, can I please get accepted soon, I would really love to. I have redone this 3 times.
Back to top Go down
Wei Tzu

Dusk Sapphire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk Sapphire   Dusk Sapphire Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 7:36 pm

The Slender Man Mythos was created by the Something Awful forum user Victor Surge in 2009. Yes, he may have drawn inspiration from the tales in the link you provided, but that does not make the Slender Man any less of a modern meme.
Back to top Go down
Qopster

Dusk Sapphire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk Sapphire   Dusk Sapphire Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 7:44 pm

Dude if u can find me a myth about a silent guy that's tall and likes to hide in shadows ill change, otherwise, nope. Also the channel LORE supports me
Back to top Go down
Ghostly Pierce

Dusk Sapphire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk Sapphire   Dusk Sapphire Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 8:00 pm

So he's a teleporting cat faunus that has cat eyes which see up to 100 frames per second. So he can see my attack before I do anything and teleport behind me and poke me with death and I die. Great that's not overpowered at all.
Back to top Go down
Qopster

Dusk Sapphire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk Sapphire   Dusk Sapphire Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 8:03 pm

No, im not gonna use that to my advantage, he will develop that once he gets to be a 4 or 3 yr student
Back to top Go down
Qopster

Dusk Sapphire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk Sapphire   Dusk Sapphire Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 8:09 pm

He can only tele to u if ur in a shadow that's connected to a shadow connected to his. SO FIGHT HIM IN THS SUN
Back to top Go down
Qopster

Dusk Sapphire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk Sapphire   Dusk Sapphire Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 8:10 pm

Also, he's not getting overpowered cat eyes. Just normal cat eyes. so on 2nd thought, he will have his abilities as a 1st yr student
Back to top Go down
Ghostly Pierce

Dusk Sapphire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk Sapphire   Dusk Sapphire Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 8:18 pm

Or he can hide and wait till night and teleport everywhere still overpowered
Back to top Go down
Alex Barkhorn
Admin
Alex Barkhorn

Dusk Sapphire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk Sapphire   Dusk Sapphire Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 8:18 pm

Wei, I appreciate your input but he is technically kind of right. There have been a few people who have dug into the myth, and it has been seen in history, albeit as more of a benevolent spirit than a murderous one. (Germanic Lore held that he would guide lost children home, if I remember correctly. I'll look it up when I'm not at work..)
Ghost, only Mods, Admins, and the player of the character can post here. If you have a problem in the future concerning a character, take it up with them or us in a PM.
Q, Shadow Manipulation, which is your semblance, is much more complicated and would tak an absurd amount of energy/aura to transport himself via Shadow Walking to any location at night. (I myself and a friend had looked into Shadow Manipulation as a power with characters of our own that had the abilities.) I would feel much more comfortable if you put some type of limitation on the Shadow Walking more than just a light.
I can understand if you were running out of ideas, but it does say Fairy Tail. If you have any doubts or need questions asked, PM one of us and ask us, because I myself would have shot Slenderman down as well had I not known its origins, either.
Back to top Go down
Alex Barkhorn
Admin
Alex Barkhorn

Dusk Sapphire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk Sapphire   Dusk Sapphire Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 11:22 pm

Also, I barely took the time to see what was initially said, being at work, so lemme say this.
Q. In the future I am going to ask you do not disrespect, backtalk, or talk down to the Administrators or Moderators. Saying "checkmate bro I win" and "cough cough look at this" is immature and I will only tell you this once to refuse from speaking like that to us, or anyone else, in the future. This is your first Warning before I start putting your profile warnings into effect.
Wei is right. And I still agree that your Slenderman mythos has history, but please provide the actual folklore, not the contemporary meme.
Back to top Go down
Qopster

Dusk Sapphire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk Sapphire   Dusk Sapphire Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 5:56 am

Sorry if I lost it. Anyway, I can't find anything that shows me the original name of slender man. Maybe he was always called that, IDK, but I cant find anything else
Back to top Go down
Qopster

Dusk Sapphire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk Sapphire   Dusk Sapphire Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 6:11 am

I found the poem he's referenced in called Schlankwald, but that's it. I googled up a lot of websites and couldn't find his original name
Back to top Go down
Wei Tzu

Dusk Sapphire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk Sapphire   Dusk Sapphire Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 6:16 am

Before you continue with this, please allow me to clarify. The Slender Man Mythos was created in 2009. I realize that it shares similarities with the tales of old you referenced earlier, but that does not make those old tales the same as The Slender Man. Any similarities between The Slender Man and old works of art are either coincidental were intentionally implemented during The Slender Man's creation.
Back to top Go down
Qopster

Dusk Sapphire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk Sapphire   Dusk Sapphire Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 7:03 am

Then should I just make it to a reference of all Faerie cause that's what slenderman's myth was I think...
Back to top Go down
Alex Barkhorn
Admin
Alex Barkhorn

Dusk Sapphire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk Sapphire   Dusk Sapphire Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 3:51 pm

Semblance: As I said earlier, for him to be able to Shadow Walk to any area with a shadow is rather extreme for a person of his skill level. Limit it to a shorter distance with some kind of limitation - it would take an absurd amount of energy to Shadow Walk anywhere.

Color Represented: It's fine if you have a color taken by someone else, canon or OC, but just one, please.

Fairy Tail Represented: I had asked you to find the lore Slenderman was based off of. Label that instead and I'll be more comfortable accepting it.
Back to top Go down
Qopster

Dusk Sapphire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk Sapphire   Dusk Sapphire Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 5:24 pm

Can it be a poem he was based off instead of a lore?
Back to top Go down
Qopster

Dusk Sapphire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk Sapphire   Dusk Sapphire Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 5:26 pm

And I changed it so that he can only use his ability 2 times in a day, otherwise if he uses it a 3rd time he passes out
Back to top Go down
Alex Barkhorn
Admin
Alex Barkhorn

Dusk Sapphire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk Sapphire   Dusk Sapphire Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 5:46 pm

I am still very skeptical about his semblance, but so long as you do not abuse the power, as I will be keeping an eye on it, I shall accept it.
Back to top Go down
Qopster

Dusk Sapphire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk Sapphire   Dusk Sapphire Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 6:36 pm

:Very Happy Very Happy THANK YOU
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dusk Sapphire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk Sapphire   Dusk Sapphire Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dusk Sapphire
Page 1 of 1